INTENSE UNBEARABLE DEBILITATING painful itch ONLY legs.

Posted , 2 users are following.

For years I have been able to shave my legs/take a shower/put on tight clothes every day with no issues.

1 year ago I started to develop unbearably itchy legs, seemingly out of nowhere. It's not just itchy legs, it's like someone is poking me with needles from the inside of my skin to the outside. It has caused me to be late for appointments and prevented me from spending time with my family.

It is worse if I take a shower in the morning.

I completely stopped shaving my legs.

I completely stopped washing my legs.

I get out of the shower and immediately put cream on my legs.

It happens whether I put on clothes or not, so it cannot be from my detergent.

I've tried several different body washes, so it cannot be from that. Plus I don't wash my legs anymore because it makes it worse.

I put the same lotion on every time and it only happens 15% of the time.

I have had extensive ultrasounds done on my legs to make sure it's not a nerve/circulatory issue.

I've had blood/thyroid/hormone tested.

I can be fine all day and then put on slightly tighter pants and it activates.

Today I had no issues, then at about 9:30pm started itching even though I changed nothing.

I put lotion on 2x since it started to no improvement.

I thought it was just a dehydration issue but from what I read dehydration doesn't directly correlate to itchy legs.

Last but not least, it's not mental!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have your blood sugar levels been tested?

Is the lotion something your doctor recommended, or something you have bought yourself?

• Posted

That is a test we have not done!

The doctor told me to use skin cream and I have tried every type.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.