Intense upper arm muscle pain & restricted movement

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello everyone

I've went to see my GP after my upper arm really hurting for a month & my arm movements getting more restricted.

My GP sent me for physio who I saw today. He diagnosed me with frozen shoulder. My symptoms are VERY limited arm movements with the most intense awful burning pain in my upper arm muscle towards my armpit. This radiates down my arm and the back my wrist feels numb as if my watch is too tight. At no point though have I had ANY pain in my actual shoulder itself so I was very surprised when the physio said that's what I have.

Has anyone had similar?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is how frozen shoulder starts.  Get an X-ray to rule out other conditions though.  If you don't get pain in your shoulder waking you up at night that's good.  I am suffering from my second frozen shoulder😱. Tramadol didn't work last year, nothing did!  This year I am on Naproxen, a friend used it for her frozen shoulder.  I learnt a lot last year, so as soon as I felt the pain at night in my shoulder went to the doc.  I also organised an early steroid injection.  This is not pleasant but the pain I endured last year was beyond description.  More and longer lasting than child birth!  I set up a Pinterest board to help others.  Do not put any heat on your shoulder, just frozen peas! Get a chiropractor too!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.