Interacting with things in my sleep?

Posted , 4 users are following.

It’s kind of creepy but when I go to sleep I sometimes wake up having done random things:

Earlier I woke up with an unscrewed bulb in my hand, another time I woke up with my phone case off my phone, or my laptop would be left on the bottom of the bed and then next thing be across the room?

And one other thing which is unsettling is while sleeping someone left something beside me and when I woke up I apparently hid it because it was in a bizzare location.

I don’t know how I act when I’m asleep (because well I’m asleep haha) although one time when younger and sleeping at someone’s house they told me while I was asleep and they were walking to bed that I immediately sat up and stared at them with my eyes out.

It’s just rather unsettling and don’t know what it is that I’m doing. Not sure if common either 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's pretty scary. If you don't take any kind of sleep meds , I think I would see a doctor. Certain sleep meds will cause people to do those things .

• Posted

It is, are there cases of people burning down their house because they played with lighters or something while sleeping rolleyes

I do think I remember one time on TV about a man getting violent toward his wife while sleeping/lucid sleep walking — one of those two.

I haven’t talked to a doctor about this issue though. Genuine question but what’s the worse that can happen if you just kinda ignore it? 

• Posted

Um my child does this she also beats her self up in her sleep if you get meds it would help trust me
    • Posted

That’s unfortunate. Like light scratches or does she give herself a black eye or something as severe? I do wake up with minor scratches at times albeit rarely but that’s it. 

Are we talking over the counter drugs or prescription from a doc?  because I don’t have experience with sleep-related-drugs

Ty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.