Interactions?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey. I'm on citalopram as I'm trying to recover from anxiety and depression.

my gp prescribed me amatriptalyn 10mg to help me sleep. it does help me sleep but I was wandering if it is safe to take with citalopram?(celexa) 30mg

I was in citalopram before amatriptalyn.

I suffer from shaking and tremors and palpitations just generally feeling weak. I was told this was the anxiety but I'm not so sure anymore because even when I'm not anxious I still feel the same way.

wandering also if this could be caused by the amit.

also is it hard to come off at all?

sorry for all the questions.

thank you x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you gave a good GP I would talk to him about your symptoms. If he does not listen speak with GYN. Not all meds work for everyone. Keep trying till you find the right one. FYI I had terrible anxiety and depression. It's been over 30 yrs w/o anxiety. I have been on many different antidepressants for years. some worked some didnt. I currently take amitriptyline 10mg with wellbutrin. I see alot of people on hear say withdrawal is hard . I wouldn't worry about this. If medication gives you a better quality of life then stay on meds. Things will work out.

• Posted

thank you for your reply I really appreciate it 😊 I will definitely talk to my gp about it.

it definitely helps me sleep but I dont know if its what's causing the physical things like shaking aching and brainfog.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.