Intercourse

Posted , 12 users are following.

How have you ladies found intercourse after your op? Painful ? Strange , not at all ?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I'm almost 8 weeks post op. Not tried intercourse yet, but have tried outer course redface which was fine.
  • Posted

Too soon for me... it's only been two weeks... I was planning on tentatively trying at about the 6 week mark so would be interested to hear what others say, particularly anyone who had a vaginal hysterectomy (although I assume they still have to have an incision in there also in the abdominal one?)... 
    • Posted

Hi Kathy

I am just past 6 weeks recovery after a vaginal hysterectomy and anterior repair.  I was very fortunate in having a brilliant surgeon and had no pain or discomfort at all afterwards or during my recovery.  I am in a fairly new relationship and had to tell my partner that this op was planned in the first week of meeting him!  He has been very supportive and understanding and I am pleased to report that sex at 6 weeks post op has been almost normal! Some of the stitches in the vagina are still to heal and obviously I still feel a bit cautious but otherwise no pain or bleeding.  You are right to try tentatively first and you will know how far you can go each time but best of luck - I'm sure you will be fine.

Shani

x

• Posted

That's very reassuring Shani, thank you so much.  And he definitely sounds like a 'keeper' btw! :-)
  • Posted

Too soon for me as well at nearly four weeks vaginal hysterectomy.  I ll keep you posted. wink
  • Posted

Hi I'm just over 5 weeks TAH...... I don't think I'm ever going to have sex again !!!!...... So when you all do I'm going to need convincing that it's not going to be like having a baby but 20 times worse!!!!! X
  • Posted

Aww thanks for the replys . I have tried gently but it did feel uncomfortable , I wouldn't say really sore but just not right . Seeing my consultant this week . Will let you know his advise

Xx

• Posted

Its a subject that doesn't get talked about enough, so thank you for starting it. I will be keeping an eye on the replies. I have been signed off from my consultant now, so I will be interested to hear what yours has to advisex
  • Posted

7 weeks post op b4 tried bit nervous but ok I'm now nearly 12 was and must say much better than b4 op it's like I'm a new woman haha
    • Posted

Yeaaaahhhhhh........ladies there is hope for us all!!!! Linda you have now set the benchmark!!!! Xxx
    • Posted

Lol good trust me it's sooo much better no worries about pain or the risk of getting caught out by the dreaded bleed x
  • Posted

Hi Ladies.

I am 6 weeks post op and do not have my follow up appointment until the end of April!

I decided to go see my lady doc last week as wanted to know how things were healing inside and she said all is fine,still a little raw and not all stitches have disolved, but said all looks as she would expect at this stage, which is good smile

Having said that I don't think I could even think about having sex yet, it scares me too much lol 

I am glad you started this post Sarah smile

• Posted

Hi all

6 weeks today for me. Not even thinking about sex yet. Getting the hoover out today terrified me lol.

• Posted

We tried at the weekend. I had to be careful as I've been having a heavy discharge which is not fully diagnosed yet. My consultant said no sex before discharge had stopped. It has almost fully stopped now so we decided (with the help of a bottle of wine! wink ) to see how things went. Everything was fine and it was such a relief (in more ways than one wink ) to get the 'first' time over with. Because of my discharge not being fully diagnosed we did 'pull out' just before the end but otherwise things were great smile
    • Posted

Duh sorry at that point I was 7.5 weeks post TAH xx
    • Posted

Aww that's good news ! I think a bottle of wine will be needed for me next time too :-) I do worry that this will effect this side of my relationship as you hear so often that your sex drive can go :-( my husband had been great though , I do feel sorry for them too ! Xx
    • Posted

Go you.......6 weeks tomorrow but the thought terrifies me!!!!!
    • Posted

It helps when you have an understanding hubby smile We had, had a lovely day with a meal out at lunch time, followed by wine so it seemed to flow quite naturally smile x
    • Posted

Take it at your own pace Bridy, there are no rules other than waiting at LEAST 6 weeks, no one says it has to be done then, it could be 7,8,9 weeks or even longer, it doesn't matter as long as you feel comfortable, if you try to rush it when you are not ready, it will add stress to the situation and then things will not be very good and so starts a vicious circle. Try doing something nice together, we went for a meal and hubby gave me lots of cuddles and kisses during the evening, although there were absolutely no plans at all to 'do the deed' we went to bed and cuddled and things just happened, no pressure, no stress. Good luck xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.