interdose withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been told to ignore remeron as I withdrawal from benzos... been off benzos for 2 months.  I now realize that about 5 pm everyday I start getting brain zaps and head pulling feelings until I take my remeron 6.7mg at 9;30.  Which then those zaps go away.  Why in the world am I getting this?  Isn;t this a once a day pill?  Maybe you guys can help. My doc just always sais take more and so on.... I don't want to just take more.  I take this to sleep and want to get off eventually.... but I do have to stay on it for a while since I am in benzo W/D recovery..  the remeron is brutal that is for sure.  I am upset that I have to deal with such issues from this med while Im trying to recover from benzos.  Any info would be appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I

It does sound perculiar ... I want to suggest that this is WD from Mirt', I see you are on 6.7 mg, have tapered somewhat and how do you get to that dose, is it tablet/Sol Tab/liquid Mirt??  What doses of Mirt' have you been on in the past and when?

Head zaps are common when tapering or even off AD's - I wonder if this is also a symptom of Benzo WD, it may be listed on the leaflet or if you search for the name of the Benzo you may see - however, having said that it is Mirt' that takes the symptom away for you, so it seems (!) clear it is the Mirt.

You're right Remeron/Mirt' can be brutal, slow tapering is best for most.  I hope we can find an answer for you.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

I started taking 7.5 for a few days then bought a scale and cut it to 6.7 and have been on that for a bit over a month.  I am not tapering remeron or I would have mentioned that.  As I said the symtoms go away once I take mirtazapine.  I have been on MIrtazapine for a bit over 1 1/2 months.
    • Posted

7.5 >> 6.7 = 10% drop, I think the reason is the drop, in time the symptoms should cease, 4 weeks after the drop now so hopefully it should calm down soon.

I hope so, let us know.  Take care smile  

• Posted

I only took 7.5 for 2 days,  I was never dependant after 2 days of use......  I didn't get these zaps until last week so i dont think the zaps would start 4 weeks after the fact.  Plus they dont start till next day around 5 pm.  then magically go away when I take the med.  This makes no sense.

• Posted

Hi, same thing happened with me. I stoped clonozophin and went on remeron 7.5 mg and after about 4weeks on was getting brain zaps. I thought is the remeron but and fast tapered. Was very sick for long time. Than went back on low clonazepam and slow tapered in may I was clonazepam free. But was not sleeping and eating so I went back on remeron again. Trying to come off  slowly now from remeron. Brain zap never stoped. Don't make this mistake what I did. It was tomuch for my brain. Try to stay on the same dose for a wile until you get better. Clonazepam withraw can last for a long time. 1-2 years sometimes. Depend how long you were taking it and how much.i hope it won't be to long for you.see benzo body's we side for success story.hugs

• Posted

I dont plan to jump off of remeron but I am gathering it is an issue when it comes to brain zaps while being on it.... Just sucks I have to deal with that until I take my dose.   I am going to stayon it for another month at my dose and then think about tapering slowly then...it is sad it is not working all the way to the next dose... ugh   SOrry you got messed up from that.... hope it is getting better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.