Interesting paper on the AUA site regarding Surgical Management of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can't enter a link but if you Google "Surgical Management of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms" it should be the 2nd hit.  It is on the AUANET dot ORG website and published this year.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thank you will look into it  Ken  Read some of a few on that page.  Boy do they push a Turp Have a great day  Ken 
    • Posted

They are not pushing anything.  This is objective data based on decades of urological experience.  It's just a tool to help someone make a decision based on facts rather than anecdotal evidence or someone's personal biases.

• Posted

I know it is the doctor experience. But to me it seams like when they are talking about some of the other procedures they always go back to a Turp that it is the best.  Not all men what to have a Turp.  That is why new procedure are coming available.  Which I am happy about. It give you a choice.  Not take it or leave it.  But i guess that's life  Ken   

• Posted

Thank you.  I read this paper.  TUNA is not offered much anymore since Rezum has been approved. TUMT isn't used much as well since it has a high re-operative rate.  PAE has been approved by the FDA and can be used for BPH.  The route of treatment is outside of the specialty of urology so it is doubtful this field will be supportive of its use.  Otherwise, there are good points that LUTS has number of variables beyond just impingement.  

• Posted

Reading it on the computer is ok but I need to print it up so I can take my time and read it again.  I did like the run down of the tests that you should be done before any surgery to make sure what is causing the problem.  Take care  and Thank you  Ken 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.