Interesting spot on x-ray image

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone,

I'm uploading a picture of an xray I had taken a while back for a spinal issue. When looking at the image, I noticed a large black spot around the ribs on the right side (right when looking at the image), and also the dark cloudiness on the pelvis directly above the red arrow. I do not necessarily believe these are cause for concern, but I wanted to get other opinions and see if anyone thinks its something I should have looked at, or nothing at all. Thanks to all!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Didnt the radiologist or your consultant pick up on it??

If not then i would say that they probably knew it's benign

Obviously you are a little worried about it or you wouldn't have asked, I suggest you give the secretary of your consultant a call and ask if she could get your consultant to take a look at it and get back to you.

Its possible its something you did when you where younger

• Posted

The dark spot around your ribs is probably gas in your intestines/bowel. Gas and air always show up as black spots and patches.

As Alexandria has said you should have a detailed report on this and anything suspicious would have been noted.

I cant see any cloudiness above the red arrow but if you mean below the red arrow and to the left,that is a totally normal . Its the shape of the trochanter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.