Intermittant right rib and thoracic back area pain anyone? Sluggish gallbladder???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone else have this?  I haven't had a HIDA scan yet but I have had this off and on for a year and a half.  Can't figure out if food causing or something in my spine.  Could it be sluggish gallbladder???  Had one ultrasound and several types of xrays.  May get another ultrasound but gastro thinks it won't show anything. It's nerve pain most of the time like needles sometimes real sharp sometimes crampy. 

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Walking and swimming are the easiest and best exercise and walking certainly helps me. I feel though that my muscles are very tight, I suppose they are trying to stop me moving to prevent the pain, Its a vicious circle I feel I need to break!

I now know that my pain is from my spine as when he was pressing on the vertebrae the radiating pain was exactly the same pain. Just hoping it doesn't make things worse 🙀

I can't take neurofen or any kind of anti-inflamitories because of my gastritis.

I have worn pull on elasticated bras for a while now  and although they still feel tight in a flare up they are much better. Don't give much support though 😳 but not too bad if you find the right one. 

• Posted

I switched to wire free also when this started in late 2015.  I found a warners comfy one that has a bit of lift but no wire.

I just wish I could rule out the organ thing then maybe I could relax even though this pain may go on for a while who knows.  My ribs are all rotated and it does hurt when my PT gal presses on me too - I hurt a lot last time.  She may need to stop doing that not sure.  This whole thing is so puzzling esp since it's nerve pain.  I hope you get relief soon!!!!

• Posted

I changed to stretchy when I developed mastitis in 2013 and blamed the wires.

Scruffster my pain sometimes feels like someone is pushing a fist very hard into my side/ribs along with the other radiating pains.

• Posted

Let's hope your HIDA scan sorts it out. A positive diagnosis is probably better than no diagnosis. 

I am accepting I'll always have pain and I'm now going down the pain clinic route hoping they can help. Just hoping my arthritis pain remains bearable don't want to end up like a zombie dosed up to the eyeballs.

I wish you  luck and send hugs, let me know how you get on. 💐

• Posted

Well my ultrasound was normal so not sure what to do - may go to another ortho for another opinion.  My PT person still thinks it's cuz my ribs are rotated and my back is super curvy.  She says it could get worse if I don't work at it.

• Posted

Sorry you're still no further forward.

There seem to be so many people on these forums with similar pain to us and not getting difinative answers. 

It's so frustrating! 

Did you have a HIDA scan?

• Posted

Just thought, perhaps you could try a spinal forum to see if anyone has similar pains originating from their spine.

Think I will take a look too

• Posted

Well having another flare up of this.  It's driving me crazy - esp the not knowing what it is.  grrrr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.