intermitten sharp sensation/feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

so lately i have been feeling alot of such sensations..it usually disturbs me alot when its around my left side of my chest very close to my heart..anybody have this and its due to anxiety..?im just curious and worried..i have told this to doc before he clearly told me thats not signs of heart attack..but im worried..i feel down and low all the time..i just dont want anything to happen you know..i have had 5 ecgs which came out clear..im 23

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Anxiety affects people in different ways, what you are describing does sound like anxiety and you have had test done and all is ok so that is good.

Personally it is a pain in the middle of my chest and a heavy tightness accross my chest and pain in my tummy around my ribcage (that is just one of many many anxiety symptoms) you just get rid of one and another comes along, it is nasty.

Have you considered medication or therapy?

You should discuss it with you doctor.

• Posted

i have discuss my symptoms to my docs..they all told me doesnt seem like a health issue but they did diagnose me with anxiety disorder..they gave me citoplram-i think thats how you spell it..and xanan..and medicine for nerve and vitamin b..
    • Posted

i do experience the one you mentioned too..mine is more of tender sore feeling only feel it when i move..just feels tight and when i exert it feels sore..i was worried with that for very long and finally convicned myself its muscular and nothing more..than this sensation struck me..just feel like pinching sometimes..like someone is pinching me under my skin..
    • Posted

Well thats good, the citalipram will take a few weeks to kick in.

Try to talk to you family and friends, keep telling yourself its not my heart its anxiety.

Anxiety thrives of us worrying its a viciouc cycle, I know it is hard god knows I have really bad days too but Im determined Im going to fight it

• Posted

ya but i dont like to talk to people about it cause it makes me feel so incompetent and stupid when people just tell me to forget it..like im not even good enough to stop thinking about it..so i prefer to keep it to nyself..when i have a meltdown i just stay in my house avoid meetinf people or having people over..
    • Posted

See if you can get some therapy you may find talking to a stranger easier
    • Posted

Please stay strong, and keep posting on here if it help you
    • Posted

yup..im getting better..but sometimes i go back to square one..
    • Posted

There are different types of therapy, keep looking for the right one that can work for you. Dont give up.

All the best

• Posted

Dies the pinch feeling hurt at all and do you get it all over your body? I get this pinching feeling it only lasts seconds and it doesn't hurt at all but it really feels like a pinching sensation or like a pulling sensation? I get it in legs arms feet hands
    • Posted

Do you get this? I just can't cope with all these weird sensations. They totally consume me send me into a panic and make me think something serious is wrongsad
    • Posted

ya i guess but it dont really bother me with other areas of my body..the one that bothers me is always my chest area..especially my left side..i guess it makes you feel all sort of funny feeling..for me usually the feelings are like undescribable..you know..its just there..doesnt hurt or anything but it sends me into fear/panic mode
    • Posted

I get it all the time, it's totally normal for me at this point

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.