Intermittent Catheter question

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

I'm new here so I hope you can help.

Just a quick question.

Can I use a suction catheter to drain my bladder with the same diameter Fr14 as a normal intermittent catheter. It's just that sourcing suction catheters is much easier and cheaper that the normal intermittent catheters. If there is a big difference between the suction and normal catheter I'll opt for the intermittent one.

I'm new to this as had to spend time in hospital with a particularly nasty kidney infection which arose from residual urine in bladder - for some reason; but am told that they will be doing urodynamic testing in new year.

Thanks for you help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.