Intermittent chest pressure/tightness/dull ache, looking for advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, male/30

Since Nov of 2017 I have had intermittent chest pressure/tightness/dull ache across my chest to my neck. I saw my PCP, they took xray (normal), ekg (normal). I attached a image showing the spots. It goes away with exercise. 

- Had a physical this year, everything normal, blood work good.

- I had ekg/chest xray in 2016 too for rib pain, all normal. I even had a ultra sound of my abdomen, normal as well.

- Doctor prescribed me acid reflux medication 2 years earlier, never had heartburn, trying to ween off these

- I probably have allergies, never been officially tested, but I get into sneezing fits around certain things outside (grass)

- PCP tested for asthma, said I didn't have asthma. A friend/doctor said I was not tested properly for asthma, they only did one lung function test, they never checked to see if my lung function increased with a inhaler.

- I've had a cough since I was a kid, it got worst after I quit smoking marijuana after 10 years (quit a year ago). It seems to have gotten better in the past few months

- I've been a avid weight lifter for years, I've tried to dial it back to see if the pain would go away..doesn't seem to matter.

- Saw a sports medicine doctor in 2017, they said I had costochondritis, my chest was actually tender when me or the doctor pressed on it. That kind of happens sometimes still. 

- I worry about my health a lot....

Any ideas, haven't gotten relief with nsaids or allergy meds or acid reflux meds?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel you’re pain believe me, thought it was my heart, I’ve had a cardio angiogram an echocardiogram and a cardiac mri which says it’s not my heart but still can’t help but worry and think it is, I went to see a lung doctor today who said it’s definitely Costochondritis it’s very tender to touch he’s the 3rd doctor to tell me Costochondritis but still don’t seem to believe it, hang on in there your not alone.
  • Posted

I've had the same pain for 3 years now. Went to the emergency room had a ton of testing. They said it was costocondritis. Had to take a round of steroids for the inflammation but it never fully went away. The pain hurts most right in the middle of my chest. I can feel it when I press down there and it goes around to my upper back. I had MRIs done and herniated disc were found so I think it has something to do with that and maybe a rib out of place. Did you try seeing a chiropractor?

• Posted

No, I did have a herniated disc in my neck that I never really got fixed tho.

Maybe I should try that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.