Intermittent combination inhaler

Posted , 2 users are following.

My son just had his asthma review and it was suggested that he might consider using a combination inhaler. Currently he is on becotide and ventolin. His asthma is under controlled, the only symptoms is the cough. He only uses the inhalers in winter and the asthma nurse asked him to consider using the combination one . He was told it can be used intermittently but I read it has to be used continuously even when you feel well Also he got the impression he will not have to use the ventolin. My query is he uses his becotide in winter as he is prone to cold and very seldom uses the ventolin even in winter. With a combination inhaler he will be taking both even when he does need a reliever. Also I have got the impression he still will need to take the ventolin in an emergency. Am I right? There is also a query whether he has asthma and was told to keep a diary of his peak flow. Pl can anybody tell me the normal range of peak flow for an adult. I am also interested to hear from those of you who have changed to combination inhaler and their benefits. Being a smoker does not help and he does not want to give up.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.