intermittent Pain beneath right ribs... should I see a Dr or wait it out?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all I wonder if anyone can help...I have active Crohn’s disease and am due to have surgery so I’m quite unwell and have been bed bound much of the time recently - pain in my lower abdomen is part of my “normal” right now.

Over the past week I’ve developed a bewildering and at times unbearable pain higher up in my right side beneath my ribs which radiates into my back, it’s like an intense aching muscle strain but worse - it’s also tender to touch. I thought maybe I’ve just slept in an odd position and actually have strained a muscle or something because that does happen being stuck in bed for too long but it’s gone on, when it’s there it’s so searing and intense I don’t want to move. It’s worse if I get up and walk - feels like the pain goes shooting right through the right side of my body. The thing is though it comes and goes so I keep thinking it’s muscular and I’m getting over it but I’m on quite high doses of morphine for my Crohn’s and this pain keeps pushing through. Any ideas? I’ve not been to my GP with it because honestly I’ve not felt well enough to get out of bed but wondering is this something separate to my Crohn’s worth looking at or shall I give it another week to see if it is a muscular thing. In terms of other symptoms it’s hard to say, I’ve got a constant low grade fever with my Crohn’s so get headaches, aching joints, sore eyes etc - it’s waking me from sleep and I’d say worse after eating and maybe best in the mornings....like I say at times it disappears.Anyone had similar or have any ideas? Any advice appreciated.... thanks in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would see your doctor for peace of mind.
  • Posted

Well I hope they find out what your issues are and I hope you feel well soon you are going through a lot it sounds like you might have some gallstone problems that is always on the right side under the rib and it can radiate to the back very sharp pains you can also have nausea with that and throwing up some people don't have that I have gallstones that I've had for years and they won't remove them because I don't have the throwing up for the sharp pains they said until I get an issue they will not remove them gallbladder attacks are very painful but yours may not be as bad because you're on the morphine without the morphine they might be excruciating if that's what you have gallbladder attack or you could have stones but I would definitely bring it up to my doctor before they do the surgery God bless you and get well soon just remember God is our physician and nothing is too great for him he just healed my son with bladder cancer

• Posted

Why would anyone in your condition want to wait longer? Sounds like you need  hospitalization. Call an ambulance if you have to, then perhaps you could call yourself Happy not Sadly. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.