Intermittent stabbing pain between shoulders

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 29. I keep having this stabbing pain on the upper right side of my back below my shoulder blade. It started 4 days ago when it woke me from sleep. It keeps coming and going a few times throughout the day with no rhyme or reason and I haven't injured it. I've don't have any other symptoms really and its not worse when I move my back or shoulder. I'm usually very fit and well and thought it might just be a random pain but is this something I should wait a few weeks as its too small to see the GP or something I should get investigated?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

given your age and description of the pain I would suspect it is a muscle spasm that keeps happening . some warm compress followed by cold several times a day could speed this along as well as ibuprofen if you can tolerate it . All these are meant to loosen the muscle and reduce inflammation. Chances are that while you were sleeping you stretched and pulled too hard on that muscle . this kind of thing can actually take several weeks to finally get better. However you should feel Improvement gradually over the next couple of weeks .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.