Intermittent Stinging Pain just inside tip of penis - CIC Related?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Over the past couple of weeks I've developed a very irritating intermittent "electric shock"-like pain just inside the tip of my penis.

It feel like a sharp piercing just inside the meatus on the underside and lasts for a few seconds. It occurs episodically every few minutes and causes me to urinate 50ml with some discomfort. The urine turns cloudy after a few of these "spasms" and shows leukocytes when I dip it which is a sign of irritation.

I can only get relief by lying down and taking an NSAID or Tylenol with codeine. By the next day it is resolved until the next bout which seems to occur every few days now.

I CIC (self-cath) 3  to 4 times a day due to my BPH but there are no problems or discomfort during those procedures and the stinging doesn't seem related to the CIC which I've been doing for 2 years.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so what steps can I take to stop it from recurring? It just comes on "out of the blue" and does not seem to be related to any specific activities.

Thanks for your help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had stinging, but that was in the first stages of my boy. When I started flomax it went away. Sorry not much help. Maybe you have a bladder infection.

Jim

• Posted

Bph dam spell ck.
  • Posted

You may have urethritis so always a good idea to drop off a sample with your doctor or lab and get it cultured to rule a UTI out.

Jim

• Posted

I liken this to male cystitis when I get it. Push some 1% hydrocortisone cream into the opening.  I find it goes away after a few hours.  I have no idea why it occurs when it does

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.