Internal Cystitis, UTI or something more serious?!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all , I'm 33 and for 6 months I've had

Ongoing UTIs

On/off pelvic and lower back pain

Frequent urination (cant hold alot of water for long and when i go only tiny amount comes out)

Occasional Non visible traces of blood in urine on dip tests

High White blood cells in urine

Constantly on antibiotics

These symptoms stopped for a month or so as someone as I took D-mannose and probiotics recommended for womans urinary issues.

A week later pain is back and frequent urination.

These are my only symptoms. GP has said it could be internal cystisis which he told me to read up on and he would send off urine sample to lab which waiting on results for.

Earlier in year the GP hasn't referred me for anything other than kidneys scan (which I paid for privately and came back clear).

I am beside myself with terror. I don't know what else

To do.. I found bladder cancer online which I know googling isn't helpful but I feel it's a bladder test I need not kidney test.

Any advice is much appreciated , thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.