Internal haemorrhoids

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys

Those of you that had internal haemorrhoids removed.. what was the advice given on how to keep the internal wounds clean???

My surg says sits bath just displaces the water and doesn't actually clean the area

I'm very curious to see what is recommended to ppl post internal haemorrhoid removal 

Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used a squirt bottle to clean the area.  However, the pain was still so severe~I had a bath running so I could jump in. 

I always took care of everything before jumping in though.

Squirt bottles and I bought a wipe warmer. The heat was nice along with compression. 

• Posted

Thanks Alicia

Just curious though wouldn't that just clean the topical area?  The reason I'm asking is cos an internal would hasn't healed. So I want to do everything in my power to speed  it along 

• Posted

Someone mentioned on here when you shower, to bend over and spread your buttocks  out so the water gets inside. I feel the sitz baths work but who knows! Good luck. 
    • Posted

Yes this is what my surgeon said to do Instead of baths
  • Posted

I had my internal ones banded and I didn’t do anything afterwards for them
  • Posted

The doctor told me to do it. It replaced the shower head option and I was able to get in a bath right away. 

He also told me not to use dry toilet paper. Wet warm ones helped.

Those were the options of keeping the bacteria away from the wounds and keeping the pain down. 

(My tub is separated from the shower. So it’s not an easy option to just flip a switch. )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.