Internal haemorrhoids or?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just curious from anyone that has experienced internal haemorrhoids, did you also experience mucus as in quite a bit, say more than an egg cup full each time you used the toilet. I'm currently suffering with mucus and bleeding from my bum, I'm due to be seen by gastro just waiting on a date but was curious if this much mucus is associated with haemorrhoids or if it's possibly something else (I haven't been checked for them so far)

Thanks for any replies!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie. Below is my story: as far as your question about mucus. I read on my outpatient sheet that having mucus is a common occurrence. I would not be concerned.

hi katie. How are you doing? I had three internal hemorrhoids removed this Monday, March 9, 2022 . I was doing fairly well and starting to get fiber back into my diet and try to walk around the house and such. I felt the urge to want to have a BM because my bottom was just I don’t know something was laying on it. I made the mistake of calling the doctor on call at the ER around 8 PM on Wednesday evening. Unfortunately, I got an old school doctor and he told me to take milk of magnesia. Do not take that. I’ve had diarrhea ever since and I afraid I might be developing an anal fissure. I’ve lost my appetite and have had diarrhea at 9 AM this morning. i’m going to try introducing a little bit of fiber into my diet again tomorrow and hopefully can get back to normal. This is a long haul. I am trying to drink a lot of water. They did put me on tramadol, a muscle relaxer, and Tylenol and ibuprofen. How about you? Since this is day five of my procedure, I’m trying to cut back on tramadol and just try to see if I can get through with the Tylenol and ibuprofen. I don’t believe you’re supposed to take more than 4000 MGS of Tylenol and 3200 of ibuprofen.

Company loves misery. I would love to have updates from you and I will do the same if you’re willing. This is not a fun journey. I have heard after two weeks, maybe three, we will be a new person.

• Posted

Hi Katie. I'm no expert but I think the mucus is fairly typical of internal haemorrhoids. I'm certainly getting the same problem. I think it's because the mucus glands are in the same location as the blood vessels that become swollen and start bleeding. Good luck.

• Posted

i have had mucus in the past too and i suffer with internal hems.

is the mucus white?

• Posted

question: do you feel your internal rhoids when straining/wiping? i feel a little bulge when i do

• Posted

I had thought maybe it was the beginning of a prolapse since that area feels heavy, my perineum is super tight, but my obgyn says tightness can cause rhoids also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.