Internal Hemorrhiods + Fissure

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from rectal pressure and rectal discomfort/pain when I sit.  Last week I went to a proctologist who told me I 1) have an anal fissure and 2) have three grade 2 internal hemorrhoids.   My question is can the fissure and three internal hemorrhoids cause this issue of rectal pressure and discomfort/pain when sitting?  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The internal hems can’t. Those should be painless.  I think the fissure could though.  You saw a proctologist so you don’t have external hems as he would have told you about them and those can cause pain.  
  • Posted

Oh yes they can. I had three internal hems that were prolapsing and boy, sitting was impossible as I developed coccydinia with it. I STILL have problems sitting and it's been just over four months post op (hemoroidectomy). 

• Posted

Thank you; this is what the proctologist said as well, that the three groupings up in my rectum can give off the sensation of pressure and actually cause minor pain/major discomfort.  Plus, my bowels are all messed-up, I defecate like 5 times a day and the shape of my feces is all wonky.  Ive been taking nefedopine for about 10 days now (for the fissure) and the doc said it will take between 14-21 days before I feel any better, and then afterwards he will band those hemorrhoids.  i just hope and pray for some relief/normalcy.
  • Posted

My internal hems were unable to be banded and I ended up in surgery, but, things have improved greatly as a result of the surgery. I had a fissure after about 2 months and was given a cream which I applied religiously and kept up with sitz baths and managed my diet carefully (lots of metamucil and water). The fissure healed nicely. I wish you a speedy recovery from the fissure and the banding that will happen after that heals. I had no idea that this could all create such misery and immense disruption to life! This all started for me last year with immense pain that sent me to emerg at 5 am after two days of growing pain and little sleep. At first they thought it was a rectal prolapse but when I finally got in to see a colorectal surgeon he did a proper diagnose, grade 3 prolapsing internal hems (3 of them) with coccydinia. It was brutal. But now I am on the mend after proper diagnosis, excellent surgeon and lots of home care! Good luck!
  • Posted

Try getting a toilet stool to

Put your feet on when you g to the loo, it puts you in a more natural position and I have found it to be a complete cure for piles. I believe it would help with a fissure too. It takes a few weeks for current problems to clear up but should prevent any reoccurrence. I can’t recommend them highly enough. You can get them fairly cheap on internet, or even a pile of books under each foot would do the trick. X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.