Internal knee stitch

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok,so about a week and a half ago i had knee surgery on the left side of my cartilage. I've been putting pressure on my knee, and im NOT supposed to. It's been hurting.. and im really scared that i popped a stitch. What does it feel like? So i know if i did or not. I have felt or heard a pop at all. So anyone please let me know what a popped stitch feels like in the knee.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Bri havent a clue was a pooping stit h sounds or feels like. Why are you not allowed to put pressure on it? Last cartilidge I had out no crutches full weight bearing and only had to rest for 48 hours and that was a few years ago. Knees pop and crack alot. Speak to your GP or surgeon.
    • Posted

I meant to say i havent felt a or heard a pop from a stitch. And i cant put pressure on my knee because she repaired it. And it sucks not being able to do the things your used to doing is,making yourself a glass of water,or carrying things.. just stuff like that.
  • Posted

No weight bearing means stay off it! Use your crutches!! Do not walk on that leg. You'll just make it worse. Did you have a meniscus repair?? No weight bearing for 6 weeks. Call your doctor and talk to the PA. Good luck. You can't push healing.

• Posted

Yes,she went in my knee and stitched my cartilage together...and the crutches suck,i HATE them so much.

• Posted

I know crutches suck! I've been in them since my surgery, same as yours, since October 31! But I'm telling you from experience that if you bear weight on that leg too soon, you'll risk another tear! I had this same surgery in June 2016 and guess what? It tore again early on and I endured pain for a year and 3 months before I went back and demanded another MRI! Sure enough, another tear in the EXACT same place! Baby that leg. You're gonna have to take it easy. It's not easy but you have to do it or you'll be suffering for a long time. Just camp out on the couch. No stairs unless you absolutely have to! I slept downstairs for 3 weeks. Only hobbled up to shower once I could bend it and bear weight. Be good!

• Posted

I had a concert to go to on crutches! Not fun but worth it!
    • Posted

I have a little satchel I wear around my neck to carry my coffee and water from the kitchen to the couch! Find a little bag to put your necessities in. That's helps. The stupid crutches always fall and scare my dog!

• Posted

Thank you. And what does it feel like when you tear it again? Does it feel the same before when i tore it? Or is a different pain? This info helped me btw,thank you very much!

• Posted

Glad I can help! It feels like it did before the surgery! It never feels better. In fact, it feels worse. It just hurts all the time. I didn't know exactly when it tore the 2nd time. Either the surgeon missed it or the physical therapist pushed it at my first visit. OMG! I was crying, she hurt me so bad! My advice is go really slowly. Take your pain meds and ice. Stay off it. And don't do any physical therapy until you have zero swelling and a good range of motion. The idiot physical therapists will put you on a bicycle first thing. I'm not going to PT this time at all. They don't know what they're doing. Anyway, since it's a repair it's gonna take a long time to heal. I'm pretty zippy on the crutches. I had 2 doctor appointments in the same day. Had to hobble around using crutches and even had to do a huge set of stairs! You can do it! Just hold your leg up and move the crutches. It hurts your hands and arms for sure.

• Posted

Dang.. i pray and pray i didnt mess anything up.. im so tired of crutches. And i dont wanna have to start back at square one. But thank you again! And i hope your knee gets better too.
    • Posted

Thank you so much! This knee surgery has ruined my life! I thought it was an easy fix the first surgery, but it turned into a nightmare from hell! The doctor thought I was faking pain to get drugs! OMG. I told him something was wrong after surgery and he didn't believe me. I went back 4 times begging for help and he basically said, go away! I threw out my back because I'm walking funny cause of the knee, so I went to a wonderful chiropractor. He used cold laser therapy on the knee and back and it really helped. He said the knee was still inflamed and that was 10 months after the surgery. He looked at the MRI too. I'm going to see him this week to see if he can help me. My back is killing me from all the couch sitting! You're very early on in the healing. Just chill and relax and let your body heal. The worst thing you can do is bear weight on it at this point. Hopefully the stitches didn't tear.

• Posted

Also, think of the crutches as your new best friend! That and ice is also your new best friend! You should be icing most of the time. It really helps. And keep the Ace bandage wrapped tightly around your knee. That helps too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.