Internal shingles???

Posted , 6 users are following.

My partner was diagnosed with shingles yesterday. For two days rt side of face, neck and head painful to slightest but no rash. Doc gave a week of meds. Tonight white spots roof of mouth, chills, hot, miserable. Beenvext tired for a week. Also diag with cervical stenosis prior. Can I catch this from him or vice-versa? I have had unexplained fatigue, insomnia, cad, body inflammation, chest pain body pain, htn, osteoporsis, food and envir sensitiveness, on an on. A naturepathic put me on anti-inflammatory and anti-gluten diet. If I stick to it, it helps, but symptoms still there. Years ago, I was in ER, and they said shingles. Could I have had shingles all this time? This has been a roller-coaster for me. My partner is miserable-'alot of neck, head, throat pain.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Merry Juliana can tell you more about this, but it's usually not contagious unless you have direct contact with the fluid in the pustules.  I doubt that you've had shingles for this length of time.  It is a miserable condition and I hope your partner gets relief soon.

• Posted

I agree you can only get them when there are visible pustules. That's what I have been told and when I do have an outbreak I'm very careful and don't even dry my back. I also don't let my husband touch my back. I have never heard of someone having ongoing shingles without a gap in time. I stress easily and when I do I get an outbreak of shingles. I seem to get it every 3-4 months. Sometimes I get the pain headaches and no rash. I saw a nutritionist when I was first diagnosed at 23. He recommended I take vitamin c, b12 sublingual, and lysine. Lysine is key and the b12 helps the nerve pain. Maybe this can help. It always seems to help me. Lately I feel like I should just take them daily to prevent them but I need to go see the nutritionist again.

• Posted

Hi Cynthia,

It sounds from what you stated that your partner currently has an acute episode of Herpes Zoster Shingles. You also had an episode of Herpes Zoster Shingles previously. From your description, it sounds like each of you had two separate episodes caused by each of you having had chicken pox as a child. You do not catch shingles from anyone. You can rarely catch chickenpox from someone with shingles if you previously have not had chickenpox and been exposed to the fluid in the vesicles from shingles.

I doubt that your generalized symptoms are caused by shingles.

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.