Internal Shingles-Has anyone had this?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has or in the past had internal shingles? I would love to know how long it lasts. I am on week 4 and if I even exert myself slightly, my chest tightens, feel extreme nausea and faint like symptoms.

It is not heart at all..completely healthy otherwise. I am losing patience at week 4 and starting to get stressed that I maynot be able to function at full capacity with my job.

Any comments would be appreciated greatly? 

Thanks

Rob

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rob:  Did you get more than one professional opinion?  Mine was the full run with a rash but I still feel the tingling and pain three months later.  I found stress makes it worse.  Hang in there.
  • Posted

I feel sorry for it must be awful having it in the head for over a year is bad enough but internally must be a haerndas 
  • Posted

Hi Rob you have my sympathy I,m 72 in my 13th week had no rash but pain and burning were inward.Exhauston is still shocking can ony walk short distance which is frustrating I was a fit person.If you have a day feeling good i havent learnt the hard way slow down or else the next day you suffer.Sorry but this is how it is effecting me
    • Posted

Hi Susan, I have shingles no bumps I can relate with the tiredness I tire so easy. I'm 50 this year and before the symptoms of shingles I was worn out if I walked my usual distance. I remember walking in the library and stopped at the front desk telling them I must be real out of shape I was so tired. That was about 4 days before the tingling sensation in my back started.

• Posted

I have shingles no bumps, not sure if this is classified as internal shingles I'm on day 11, I tire very easy also. Walking into walmart the other day i headed toward checkout it looked like it' was at the end of a Forrest and I had to tell myself you can make, you can make it.So I know how you feel...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.