internal tremors and fibromyalgia?

Posted , 67 users are following.

I have what seems to be internal tremors alot ,do any of you suffer with that as well? Is it a fibro thing?

10 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I once again have been deleted by the moderator why I can only assume they don't like me giving an alternative route for people suffering to look into !!!! The biggest faux pas in medical history is misdiagnosis of thyroid disease ! Thousands of people are suffering needlessly because doctors and endos diagnose with TSH and T4 blood tests and when they come back normal thyroid is dismissed ! 
    • Posted

Yes I agree, I have however , done the test on my thyroid and it's good. I have a complete work up every 6 months. The only thing that runs low on me besides low blood pressure, low blood sugar, slow heart rate and low body temperature is I have low vit. D usually. SOMETIMES I Wonder If I'm ACTUALLY Alive!!!! lol.
    • Posted

Just to add low basal temperature is a definite symptom of hypothyroidism doctors always checked for this plus other signs and symptoms for a diagnosis of hypothyroidism before the new standard TSH and T4 blood test became the gold standard for thyroid disease. Some thyroid ranges are set too high so hypo is dismissed also  in hashimoto disease   ( autoimmune thyroiditis) blood tests will come back normal until your gland is completely destroyed by antibodies . Maybe worth you asking for peroxidase and antithyroglobulin blood tests .my blood tests were normal for years but I actually have hashi which is the biggest cause of hypo and suffered the most dibillitating symptoms for years it was only when I was given a trial of thyroid hormone replacement that I became well and given the correct diagnosis . By this time an ultrasound showed gland shriveled and inflamed . Some times I felt I was dying and sometimes wished I was ! 
    • Posted

Same here, i had my thyroid tested 3 times including what they called indepth analysis, (what ever that means).

I also can't maintain my vit D levels, it just wont stay in normal range so i have prescription suppliments for it.20,000iu mega dose to get it in normal range then 1000iu a day maintanace dose and blood tested every 6 months. 

• Posted

My mother had hers thyroid removed and is on replacement therapy. So far mines been okay. Doctor told me that temperature sensitive is a fibro symptom. Sometimes I'm so so cold only a hot bath and my thick robe can warm me up. It's also a side effect to my kidney disease....my kidney disease is also the cause of my low vit. D.
    • Posted

Do you know why your mums thyroid was removed ? So far yours has been ok  ? There is usually nothing to be seen unless you have swelling ( goiter) if your gland is inflamed no outward signs but lymph glands prob swollen on and off when you suffer flares , Yes low temperature is down as a symptom of fibro but  it was one of the main symptom of hypo diagnosis up till about the sixties when dr Robert utiger developed the TSH and T4 blood tests which became THE blood test for diagnosis . This is what medical students are taught to use and all doctors use nowadays . Feeling cold when everyone else is warm and comfortable yes hypo. I am sorry you have a kidney disease to cope with as well , I know very little about the kidneys . I am not saying everyone with these symptoms has  a thyroid disease but as fibro is an illness of exclusion how do you know every test has been done ? I was told that but found out years later that they had not been done. My last endo was shocked when he went through all my medical records that I  had never been tested for hashimotos disease which as I said is the main cause of hypothyroidism. I would look further into thyroid and not just dismiss it of course I could be completely wrong but what have you got to lose whichever path you choose I wish you well .
    • Posted

To be honest, I'm not sure if all the test have been done. I usually have a complete work up every 6 months to check all my levels. I have to due to my msk. My mother had swelling and her thyroid didn't function properly but it's been so long ago I don't remember. She tells once in a while to have my thyroid checked.

My sisters thyroid is good as well so far. Thank you for the info, I will ask the doctor to check my charts and see if I need to have a more extensive test. Blessings!!!!

• Posted

I have the internal tremors as well but mine tend to be anxiety brought on by the fibro. It feels like my insides are just quivering but then I get the palpitations and the cold sweats. Might want to ask your MD if you haven't already as this post is 8 months old

• Posted

I have recently been diagnosed with fibro and have started to experience the shakes this last week. I was wondering if it was a symptom of fibro. It is like I am nervous about something but I am not.
    • Posted

I have that exact feeling, in fact I have it right now! It comes and goes. The weather turned cold and I am aching all over and shaking inside, It is a horrible feeling but it goes away. I feel cold so I bundle up and as soon as I sweat it goes away. But sometimes comes back same day. I do not get very often, I would say once maybe twice a month. If I am over tired, stressed, achy, I get it. Sometimes for no reason. Hang in there, It is just the fibro. Take care
    • Posted

I have tried to pay close attention to the symptoms I have been experiencing, including the tremors inside, and I agree with you. It seems to happen more when I am very tired. Of course I feel tired most of the time anyway. I feel much too young to be experiencing the aches and pains that I have. I have been doing a lot of research and I keep coming across the theory that fibromyalgia is brought on by a traumatic incident. Any thoughts on this?
    • Posted

Oh another thing...I have never experienced the cold you describe. I hope I never do. Bless you. Take care and thank you for your reply. :-)
    • Posted

Bless you too! I have it right now as a matter of fact! Our weather is cold and rainy and I am achy and have the internal weird shaky feeling today. I take Advil or Tylenol. All I can do. 
    • Posted

I am going through same. extreme cold weatger, aches, tremors, palps, migrains. Please check Ferritin levels. After years of suffering, atleast now I know I was deficient in many minerals and iron. I have seen people improving (on internet) after iron supplementation. I just started couple of days ago. So cant really tell.
    • Posted

I just had a complete blood work up order put in. Going to lab this week...

Ive been low on iron before. I just feel different than that....im scared its ms or something.....

• Posted

I hope all goes well with your blood work and you are ok. Don't think the worst. I bet it isnt ms. Let us know. smile

• Posted

Some of the latest research indicates that fibromyalgia is a physical response to Post Traumatic Stress,which would suggest that fibromyalgia is brought on by trauma. Before I retired I worked as a social worker. I started a support group for people with fibromyalgia. Every person that attended had experience different types of trauma. Domestic violence, sexual abuse, car accident, repeat surgeries, one client had been shot 3 times by an ex husband. I think the research bears out what most of us already know. As a fellow sufferer I understand your pain and you have my sympathy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.