Internal vaginal swelling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies....I'm 12 weeks post abdominal with removal of cervix and have noticed an increase in vaginal pain the last few days.....I have no discharge or urine symptoms but it feels swollen and the only way to describe it is a but like a dried tampax left in there.....sorry for TMI but I had a look today and I can see what look like a couple of swelling ( similar to haemorrhoids!!)..... I have had loads of problems with bowels so have had to continue with senna etc......does  it sound like a prolapse!!! Hasanyone else had anything simiilar?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 5 weeks post op and after walking today had some pain low down on left side. It seems to be one thing after another doesn't it. If you see something there then you must get to your doc. Then at least you can have peace of mind. Let me know how you get on and good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi Bridy

So sorry you have problems.  When I had my bowel and bladder prolapses they honestly looked like a balloon and felt like a balloon when I sat down, but there are various stages and degrees of prolapse, so I think the best thing is to get your doctor to examine you, it might be something completely different.  Plus it will put your mind at ease, you won't rest until you know what is going on.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi

I'd go and get it checked out by your Dr if you feel something's not right. Even if everything's ok it gives you peace of mind.

I don't think they give you enough information on discharge from hospital on possible side effects or problems post op. hopefully you'll get an appointment tomorrow save you worrying over the weekend.

I'm 8 weeks post op today and don't feel right. Didn't have a 6 week check but I'm ringing the consultants secretary tomorrow for an appointment. It's major surgery but it seems some health authorities don't see it that way.

Let's us know how you get on 😊

• Posted

Hi, my consultant has called me back and  I'm going to see her on Monday....she said she didn't think it sounded like a prolapse.....I will let you all know what she says x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.