Internal vibrations And jerks

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone! I have been having internal vibrations and now muscle jerks. Nowadays i feel my eyes vibrating. Though my vision is okay. No. Blurriness nor eyesight issues.

I'm 48.

I'm still getting my periods

All in all. It's a very unsettling and emotionally disturbing feeling. I am highly anxious and depressed too. And have foggy brain.

I can't sleep well and have high anxiety in the morning.

I have gained weight as result due to eating emotionally.

These symptoms have been going on for the past 1 year. I read other posts here and felt so comforted to know I'm not alone.

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

try magnesium for tremors, twitches and sleep x

• Edited

i take 2 scoops a day, i also use a spray and use epsom salts in the bath x

• Posted

Thanks! I have been using the tablet form. Which one do you use if you don't mind me asking? X

• Edited

Hi Zoe. I too have recently started with an internal vibration in my leg. I've been experiencing muscle twitches on an off near my eye for a while as well. My vision isn't affected either. I'm 41 and still having periods, but my cycle has changed a lot over the past year...longer and shorter...some months really heavy and others light. My anxiety is through the roof -particularly with all the different symptoms. I keep diagnosing myself with a serious illness. My other symptoms are breast pain, really tight neck and shoulder muscles, jaw pain and general muscle aches. This forum has helped me loads to know I'm not alone x

• Posted

Thank you. I felt the same coming here. All the symptoms namely the neurological ones makes it so scary plus the anxiety is already sky high. The jerks scare me. I too have shoulder pain, neck pain, breast pain etc. Are you taking any supplements. I'm taking magnesium. And just started Vit B and Vit d.

Hope we all feel better soon!

• Edited

Hi Zoe. I joined this forum so I could reply. I'm 48 and have been experiencing these for a few weeks. started with my eye (no vision problems) and moved on to my foot. it's now randomly all over. It's worse, or more noticeable at night. Agree it's disturbing, don't think my health anxiety has ever been so bad. i just want it to stop! it doesn't happen when I'm in motion, so I've been moving about like I have ants in my pants for days. on the positive side, it does seem be a fairly common, if less well know symptom of (peri)menopause. people describe twitches, jerks, vibrations, buzzing, shocks, zaps, 'popcorn'. I've been reading a fair number of forums! Seems like these words are describing similar sensations. I have just (yesterday) started magnesium and B vitamins, also vitamin D. You are definitely not alone. apparently fluctuating hormones at our age can cause disruption in the nervous system. i just wish this was more widely known as it would save a lot of anxiety.

• Posted

So true. Most doctors are clue less at the symptoms. So that makes it more scary. My vit B and Vit D are low too. Plus hypothyroid. The jerks scare me. The random jerks of muscles. I will up my magnesium and take Vit B and Vit d. Good luck to you and hope you feel better!

• Edited

Hi Zoe, definitely not alone. I have eye twitches, and leg spasms and internet vibrations that are very unsettling. Just this weekend, I developed a lip twitch too! Now gone but feels most peculiar. Am trying magnesium in tablet form. Best of luck x

• Posted

Thank you so much. Yes I'm taking magnesium. But it's so scary at times. Sigh.

• Edited

Hello,

I am 48 and have been having terible joint aching all over for close to a year now. it is so painful and debilatating. I cant be positive but i am attributing it to perimenopause. I mean I don’t know .

I have Awful cramping nowadays even more so and my periods are either very heavy shorter some months and longer some months.

I feel that my period and the issues surrounding it takes up half of my month it’s just horrible.

The only way I have been able to describe it at all to anyone in my family or anyone in general, is that I feel like an alien from outer space. I can’t pinpoint everything I just feel not like myself. It’s absolutely horrible I agree. Thank you all for sharing The only way I have been able to describe it at all to anyone in my family or anyone in general,

• Posted

Sorry to hear that! It can be so isolating and frightening. It is to me. Hope you know you're not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.