Internal vibrations when waking

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. I've worked my way up super slowly to 15mg citalopram. I've been on this dose for about a week now. I think my anxiety is much better. I was on Cymbalta for 10 years before this and has a horrible experience getting on a new med. Anyone one symptom that seems to be with me constantly is this internal vibrating feeling when I wake up. I HATE it. It happens if I wake from a nap too. When I get up and start moving it seems to go away. Is this anxiety or a med side effect? Do I need to increase the citalopram or will this feeling go away eventually? Anyone have any experience with this?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also wanted to add been on citalopram for about 3 and a half months slowly raising the dose.
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl, I get that two, and describe it as a buzzing and physical anxiety symptom. I am trying to work out if its a withdrawal symptom of coming off another med over a month ago or a side effect of cita as am sensitive to all meds.

Like you it disappears when I start moving around. Am not worried about it personally and wouldnt want to take any other meds to help it. Am coming off cita soon.

• Posted

Paula it could be a withdrawal of the amitryptyline and it can be a side effect of celexa..but from what I been reading and experience is a side effect of celexa..it will go away..
    • Posted

I was on Klonopin for a little while, and am almost off. I think the Klonopin was making the internal shaking, but I don't want to stay on Klonopin long term. My doc just had me on it until the celexa built up in my system. I just hate the feeling!

• Posted

Hi Cheryl

If you swapped vibration for burning then you describe exactly what I experienced with Citalapram. Horrible thing. 

• Posted

I had some of that burning feeling when I first started on it. That is a scary feeling! I get it in my arms when I have a panic attack
  • Posted

I’ve had lots of experiences on this med. is it like a shuddering on the inside of your body? I’ve also had body jolts, which scared me and a burning sensations. I am starting to feel a bit better but it’s been a very long journey for me, coming up to a year, that’s not to say it will take that long for you. Most people recover a lot quicker. I am currently on 10mg of citalopram, I did think of increasing it many times but decided to ride it out as each time iincreased or decreased in the past I had bad side effects. It sound like your meds are working as your anxiety is better. I wish you well x
    • Posted

Yes shuddering! Did it finally stop for you? I think if that would stop, I would almost feel back to normal. Such a terrible feeling!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.