Interpretation of MR findings + advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

(I am converting this into English, sorry if any translations are wrong).

Interpretation of MR findings (magnetic resonance)

Clinical data: Joint pain. MR of the right knee: Minimal effusion. Thin medial patellar fold. Appropriate height and position of the patella. Appropriate trochlear depth. Distinctly uneven cartilage of the medial facet of the patella, some fissures extending through 2/3 of the thickness. Medial patellar bone edema signal. In the other parts, the cartilage is preserved. The rest of the skeleton has a normal signal. The quadriceps tendon, patellar ligament and retinaculum are preserved. The meniscus, cruciate and collateral ligament complexes are fine. Opinion: Chondropathy of the medial facet of the patella grade 2-3 with bone irritation. 1 year and 10 month old report. Until now, I carefully perform such exercises for gaining muscle mass, which do not burden the knees. Now there is no pain and swollen knees, but when squatting there is a strong cracking in the knees (especially in the right), I wonder if it makes sense to run with such a knee (the physiatrist said that if there is no pain, I should keep exercising to gain muscle mass and other sports normally). I would like to run a marathon in October (I'm used to running and fast walking - I do it regularly), but never on such a large scale. I would like an opinion. Thank you 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.