Interpreting my thyroid results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi forum,

Is somebody able to tell my what is going on with my thyroid atm? I suffered from post partum thyroiditis with hyper and hypothyroid symptoms and it was quite bad when I got it.Since then my thyroid function levels have normalized according to the blood tests but I still cannot help but feel really tired, sluggish, loss of memory and occasional anxiety and intolerance to heat. Also, I did take some medicine for my hyper symptoms which then dipped my body into hypo but then eventually it went back to normal levels.

My original thyroid results were as following (in brackets the reference ranges);

t4 57.2 (10-19)

tsh below 0.03 (0.5-4.0)

t3 18.1 (3.5-6.5)

Antithyroid peroxidase 28 (below 60)

Anti-thyroglobulin 208 (below 60)

6 months ago my thyroid results were:

t4 12.66 (10.00-19.00)

tsh 3.14 (0.50-4.00)

t3 4.58 (3.5-6.5)

Anti-thyroid peroxidase 40 (below 60)

Anti-Thyroglobulin 359 (below 60)

I did my blood tests again last week and currently my thyroid levels are as following;

t4 16.8 (10.0-19.0)

tsh 2.18 (0.5-4.00)

t3 4.9 (3.5-6.5)

Antithyroid peroxidase 118 (below 60)

Anti-Thyroglobulin 409 (below 60)

Why are my antibodies on the rise constantly and are these results ok? Could I be suffering from hashimoto's thyroiditis? 

Thank you in advance smile 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi H1234,

With antibody results like yours, I would say that there is a distinct possibility that you do have Hashimoto's.  My thyroid problem was diagnosed 20 years ago, when my TSH, T4 and T3 levels swung from hyper to hypo.

I have been on various meds for hypo ever since and my antibodies have remained above range, throughout. 

Latest results : Thyroglobulin antibody         539.7   (0.00 -  115.00)

Thyroid peroxidase antibodies            60.84    (0.00 -  34.00)

TSH                    0.632    (0.27 -  4.20)

T4                    19.23    (12.00 - 22.00)

Free T3                   4.12      (3.10 -  6.80)

I was told I had Hashimoto's .     I, too, suffer from heat intolerance.

Regards,

Ruth

• Posted

Thank you for your response Ruth, looks like we do have similarities in our latest results (normal t3,t4,tsh & elevated antibodies). You are lucky you have gotten the diagnosis and meds to treat it as I have no diagnosis and docs have wait and see approach. I would feel a bit better about it if i had an actual diagnosis and some ways to treat it. What were the highest levels of antibodies you had? Take care x

• Posted

Dear H1234,

The results above are my highest levels so being on meds for the past 20 years doesn't seem to have had any effect on treating the Hashimoto's.

I have read a book on causes/help (I would tell you the author but I am sure the mediator on this forum would block it).

You can also order your own thyroid meds on-line without prescription but again, if I were to tell you where,  it would be blocked.

I would hassle your doctor more and say that just because your levels are within the normal range, it doesn't mean that they are the optimum levels for YOU.  Your normal might be lower in the TSH range.  I think your TSH levels of 3.14 and 2.18 (0.50 - 4.00) are pretty high.  I know I feel at my best when my TSH is less than 1.

Good luck and I hope you get some help,

Ruthx

• Posted

Thank you for all the tips, will definiteluly look into them. Great observation about the tsh, never knew that you can feel differently when your tsh is higher but on normal ranges. Hope youre feeling well yourself smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.