Intestinal Metaplasia

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello

has anyone been diagnosed with intestinal metaplasia and chronic moderate gastritis? If so, I was wondering how frequently you are supposed to have endoscopies?

thanks

deb

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would have thought once a year.
    • Posted

Thanks Pippa

I'm over 2 years now since last endoscopy with symptoms but have been given ppi s and told to return if no better in a month. Not happy.

Deb

• Posted

Do the PPIs work?  Have you tried a change of diet that excludes fatty or spicy foods?  Go back to your doctor again for further advice and treatment.
    • Posted

Thanks pippa for replying. I've only started the ppi s yesterday. Today I went out and bought all food that I understand is recommended plus probiotics. I've not had symptoms until now so have not stuck to a specific diet although always eat healthily and don't drink alcohol. I'm also going to try to eat little and often. If I can I might try a day a week fasting but not sure if that will help.

Deb

• Posted

I would just eat little but often. That is less drastic for your stomach than fasting which doesn't work for everyone. If you are unsure whether it will help, I wouldn't try it. Caution is always the best option.  Just continue to do the things that you already know help your IBS.  Your stomach is under enough strain with IBS, Sudden changes can be counter productive.  My stomach is very rebellious if I introduce changes to my diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.