Intestinal parasite, not many answers and worried for my health!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I first noticed white strands in my daughters nappy and my wife was complaining of having an itchy bum, we clean the house regularly from top to bottom and have taken ovex a few times. My wife has been given the all-clear from the NHS but we're starting to lose faith in their tests. My wife tested positive for pinworms via a private health care provider and has taken medication but no good.

I've now found an alarming worm in my waste. Thinking back I have looked awful over the past couple of years. Have had a number of digestive issues including H-Pylori over the last few years. On several occasions, I've have had people comment that I look like I've been drinking too much and my liver is not coping due to signs on my face when i reality I haven't been drinking at all. I'm aged 33. It's now dawning on me that i may have been fighting this infection for upwards of 10 years without realising it. 

Please, could anyone tell me what this might be? I can;t see anything like it on the internet. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

To me it looks like Centipede parasite....

Checked some sources...thats the closest i could come up. But it looks like one for sure. I mean human parasite centipede family.

• Posted

One more for you... do you have pets?
    • Posted

Hi Ed, Thanks for your feedback. To me that sounds right from the look of it. We did have a pet and as it happens was quite poorly before it died in that it was defecating in the house so we had to put it down. At the time the Vet put it down to dementia as she was old. That was a couple of years ago now.
    • Posted

Well by the looks and that you saying you have the symptoms for few years it could have got "into" your system from pet....as that will be more comon...so for effective threatment you need to find and eliminate possible source first...as going to cure and getting infected again makes no sense....

So i guess the source is gone... i asume...

Now the best is to try herbal way first...many options in that matter just look online... and monitor your stool as i can imagine you already do..... but if its me i would get complete blood analisys and see if its only in my colon or if its get further.. it may be none invasive..aka just living inside you...without masive sideffects etc.

I wish you speedy recovery

Disclaimer: i am not a doctor just a person trying to help.

• Posted

Thank you.

I've booked my doctor but could only get next week. Have read up and am eating foods that are supposed to help in the meantime. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Ask your doctor for an Ova and Parasite test.  Take a sample of what you found in your stool and show it to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.