Intestine pain after antibiotics Zithromax

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been sick for 5 days I’m 25 years old I went to the doctors and they prescribed me Zithromax for my cold, I felt fine for the first day but the second day the antibiotics were making my stomach hurt not bathroom problems at all but I couldn’t even eat or walk. And now today on the 5th I went to work and I couldn’t even walk because of the stomach pain I felt like I was going to throw up. I know It hurts to eat but I still eat idk what could be wrong with me I’m healthy I’m vegan I don’t eat any junk what’s so ever so I’m trying to figure out what has happened with my stomach  I honestly hate antibiotics I’ll never take them again in my life yes they kill the infection but what happens to your body when you take those ? You have to cure you body from the antibiotics too! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It is a very strong antibiotic. It sounds like it is not agreeing with you at all. Once you finish, you should be fine. There are lots of antibiotics that I can't take. Give me good ole penicillin any day.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Yes...its sad...in my own case i was given antibiotics with corticoide steroids for stomach bug...then 2 tripple therapy antibiotics due to helycobacter (wrong diagnose) and i am left with long term damage to my stomach.... they wipe your guts from all...good and bad... so yes...you have to cure yourself from them as well.... i hope you get well soon. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi candice 61824

This is a common problem with antibiotics, especially the strong ones. I was given Flagyl for a tooth abcess. They caused me stomach pain and very bad acid reflux. It has taken me 2 months after finishing the course of Flagyl for my stomach to get back to normal after changing my diet, eliminating foods and keeping a food diary. After a process of elimination regarding food my food list was very small indeed, but it has paid off and yesterday i ate a small chicken roast with gravy (gravy being one of my food eliminations) and my stomach was fine. Slowly i am introducing the foods i had to eliminate but i am staying with gluten free, wheat free and lactose free not because i have to but because i want to. You may have a long journey ahead for your stomach to get back to normal, even though you are vegan some of the food you eat may irritate your stomach now that the AB's have had an adverse effect on your stomach. With perserverence there is a light at the end of the tunnel....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.