Intimacy after Myomectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey ladies,

been following posts here and through your experiences, i do not feel so much alone!. On 9th November, i did have 13 fibroids removed through the abdominal cut, the biggest about 7cm and all weighing a total of about 1kilo. It is now 2weeks and post-OP and i still have the swelling and some pain.

However, i wanted to ask if someone had this same experience:

after the OP, my sexual desires became so so much intense, its like during the day everything i see "turns me on" and at night im just dreaming of this every single day redface. My husband and i (im 35 and he is 45) have always had an active sexual life, but the feelings i have now are extremly intense than before i had the OP. My husband is patient with me and assures me it will pass by and when all is well we can have be intimate again.

Did anyone experience this and how long did it take to get intimate again and was it challenging?

my life is slowly returning to normal like taking walks, doing light housechores but still taking plenty of rest and out of work. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Congrats on the successful surgery. I have no experience and this yet. Am going for surgery soon too. I will be really glad if my sexual desire increase after the surgery. Wink. Your genes I think should be able to give you some advice too. Speedy recovery t you. Hugs
    • Posted

Thanks ayo2016. Well i cant say its genes..coz after the surgery the feelings got really intense..and still are..1 month later...but i still cant be intimate till after atleat 6 weeks...
  • Posted

Thats amazing. I opted for the UFE which is just excruciating painful week after. Always wondered in the back of my head if I should have had the myomectomy. From the sounds of your sex drive, maybe I should have! Congrats! Sex drives are always a wonderful thing. As long as the dr gives u the green light enjoy. Hope u have a speedy recovery! !
    • Posted

Yeah.. its really nice to have such feelings...considering i used to "hate" being intimate due to the pain during doing it. I really cant wait to "feel" how it would be without the pain i have lived with😀. Sadly have to still wait before getting intimate...

• Posted

Hi, I'm also 2 weeks post open myomectomy op. I'm also finding that I'm a bit more turned on than before surgery. My guess is that it's due to (1) being told that I can't do anything for 6 weeks so of course now I want to! rolleyes, and (2) for the first time in more than a year I am not doing IVF, so I suddenly feel like it again (there's nothing like trying to have a baby through IVF to stop you wanting to do things the old fashioned way cheesygrin). 

All the the best for your recovery 

• Posted

Hazzie you are right..being told you cant or should not do anything for 6 weeks..kinda sparks one up..still have 2 more waiting weeks...but honestly..these feelings are completely different..like a lust😄. I kinda cant wait...hihihihi

• Posted

Hi I'm 2 weeks post op after having a Myomectomy with a Divinci assist. I too have became extremely in the mood. This was so Unlike me prior to the surgery. Our hopes is to conceive in the next couple of months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.