Intimacy and normality 6 week check up

Posted , 3 users are following.

Six week check up - surgeon happy. Prolapse is supported and whilst I do still have stitches, all is well. So relieved!!! It’s been a rollercoaster of recovery - panic over stitches coming away too early, an infection, awful pain and immobility but finally I feel like I can start getting my life back. The surgeon was keen for me to try sex again. So we took the plunge. I was so tense so can’t say I enjoyed it as such (although I did enjoy the closeness after so long). Hubby said it was tighter than before (bonus) and he did not feel any stitches or have any discomfort. I did bleed after and continue to bleed a little now. I am so sore today too. I know this is a personal question but I wondered how others found sex after a posterior repair with perienum reconstruction? I’m consistently worried about undoing the repair or tearing but want normality and intimacy as I had before. My only complaint now is lower back pain which is ongoing.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I do hope it gets better for you as I have just had this and hoping our sex life will go back to normal once I'm healed. Don't know how long it will take for me to heal but only a week so far after the operation..I'm really scared that things are going to change for me and hubby x

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply. I had the same concerns and it was not until about a week ago that I started to think about sex again. Wishing you well in your recovery 
  • Posted

I read somewhere that there are less"complications" when the hubby is on the bottom for (at least) the first several times.

I think that makes sense because your in the driver's seat ( so to speak) so both physically and mentally you have control.

• Posted

Yes this does make sense - thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.