Into 4th week of sertraline and need reassurance!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’m a 63 year old woman who has had a lot of ups and downs in my life but coped ok with natural methods but now they just don’t work. Have been hospitalised 3 times in the last month with severe anxiety and brutal panic attacks. So was put on 50mg sertraline for a week then onto 100mg for the last 3 weeks. Have experienced every single side effect badly. But the last few days have had really bad anxiety bordering on panic so doctor prescribed Valium to take to get me through this rough patch. So close to giving up. I just can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel at all. I’m worn out. I guess I just need reassurance and positivity. It’s tough going for this old gran!! Much love to everyone out there going through this. It sucks!! ??

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,  I am also called Brenda and a Grandma.  I am 18 days into 50 mg Sertraline plus 40mg propranolol to take as and when.  I've had horrific side effects and can't wait to feel some relief.  It is difficult as I live alone but my Doctor wants me to persevere and says will get better.  I'm glad I've found this forum as don't feel so alone and maybe we can support one another.  It is difficult for people who have never suffered in this way to understand.

• Posted

Hi Brenda. I’m so glad I found this forum too. I’m finding it tough going and I have a supportive husband so I feel for you doing it alone. It is hard to cope with side effects but they do start easing off. My doctor also says I have to push through but 6-8 weeks before you see results is like a lifetime. It just takes over everything. But when you’re really struggling, post on here. I am always around if you need support ❤️
  • Posted

Thanks Karin, reading your description of how you are feeling, it could have beeen me writing (although I haven't been in hospital).   Hope we both feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.