into 5th week of mirtazapine and setback

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all again

That's me into 5th week of 15mg of mirtazapine but feel like I'm going backwards especially last couple of days. My mood has become severly low again and the feeling of doom in the pit of my stomach has returned. First couple of weeks I thought was making progress but the thoughts of just wanting to not be here anymore and not functioning at all are taking over. I don't have the doctor till a week Friday and was considering upping my dose by 7.5 as I can't go on like this anymore. The 15mg is making me far too groggy all day and iv read that happens on lower dose can anyone help x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly

i upped my dose to 22.5 and it did make me feel less sleepy. I do feel the increase would benefit you.

I absolutely love mirtazipine. It's important you get the right dose that balances you out.

god bless x

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine

I think ill try the 22.5 tonight and explain when I see doctor I'm hoping the xtra will lift my mood again and give me back my appetite which has disappeared again

Many thanks x

• Posted

Please let me know how you get on Kelly. My appetite seems to be off the charts! Eating any and everything! Hopefully yours will return soon xxx
    • Posted

I'm only hungry later in the day never early on! The extra 7.5 won't make me more drowsy next day will it?xx
    • Posted

Hi Kelly

to be honest I didn't feel any additional tiredness. I do take my tablet around six every evening. Not sure if that's the reason i function better in the mornings. I don't find it sends me to sleep either. I'm still alert up until midnight!

Xx

• Posted

I've been taking it at 8pm only because I only feel slightly better in the evening when the effects seem to be waring off and then it seems time to take it again and I feel like I'm drunk within half hour of taking it! Xx
  • Posted

I've been on 15mg for just over 3 weeks and I'm floundering somewhat. I have found that this medication has left me feeling either groggy or muddled for most of the time I've been on it. They say that taking nearer 30mg and up lessens this somewhat, and it's also the dose where the AD becomes properly effective. 
    • Posted

I'm the same don't feel right at all. When I'm out I feel dizzy all the time. I'm going to try 22.5mg and see because my mood has dropped drastically xx
    • Posted

Hi Kelly

I think you're right in trying the 22.5mg, the lower dose is more sedating.  Take it an hour before bed as it says in the instructions.  

The feeling of doom in your stomach sounds like depression; it is a difficult time of the year, everyone wanting perfection and seeing everyone "but themselves" supposedly having a fun time !!!  Try and get some exercise to help lift you, it's of real benefit to the serotonin levels that will in turn will help, and hide the sweets and chocolate ... eating our weight in chocolate and all the Christmas goodies can have a bad effect on our mood and mind.

Wishing you well Kelly x

• Posted

I hope the increase does the trick for you Kelly, please keep me updated on your progress. 
  • Posted

I too hit the wall on week 5 of taking 15mg of Mirt.  I never got enay benefits of sleeping from taking it and never felt drowsy a all.  As the weeks went by the suicidal thoughts vanished but the anxiaty was getting worse so I went to see my doc and he suggested a higher dose (week 5)  I tried it for one day.  Felt so sorry for this, sh*t that night and the next day I decided it wasn't for me and I did the opposit.  I halved my dose.  For 4 days I felt wonderfull and like my old self was back.  Then I started to feel anxious again.  So I quit all together and again felt fine for 4 days.  Then staretd to feel anxious in the mroning but managed sometimes with the help of valium to get through it.  I'm now on day 8 off the Mirts and I'm hoping its the best thing I've done.  I've tried 6 different drugs now and none have worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.