Into my 4th week no change help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am starting my 4th week on venlafaxine am still agitated shaky with heightened anxiety and dizzy spells.Is this normal and has anyone had these side effects for so long?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the dizzy spells for a long time. They slowly calmed down. Your side effect should start to ease off soon.

Can I ask what dosage your on ?

I think your best bet if you are really worried is to see your gp.

Venlaxifine is brilliant but it does take some time to begin to work.

• Posted

Hi Joanna thank you for responding l was on 37.5 mgs for first week then 75 mgs this is the start of my 3rd week on that dosage.l was hoping the anxiety would have eased off a bit by now
    • Posted

I would imagine it's cause you went up a dose fairly fast.

If I remember right, I think for me my anxiouty settles after about the sixth week. But you should start noticing side effects fading soon.

I actually had blood test done because of my dizziness, but in time they did fade.

Maybe give the venlafaxine another week, if the side effects are still stronge and haven't started to go see your gp.

Take one day at a time. They do work slowly. I found when I did up a dose, I only did it after 6 weeks, giving the medication the right amount of time to work.

I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.