Intranasal betahistine

Posted , 5 users are following.

A Swiss company called Auris is developing an intranasal form of betahistine which they claim has greater bio-availabilty than the oral form. They have completed the first stage of their trial.

It looks as if the medicine would be available in the US if the trials are successful. A second phase 1 trial is taking place this year.

The same company is developing a drug to hopefully treat acute inner ear tinnitus.

All this will take time but it's hopeful that MD is getting some attention and that there is increasing hope for treatment.

All the best to you all.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That sounds great, I wonder if they will do UK trails?

Has anyone heard if the trail injection OTO hasn't been successful as I know they were getting some good results in the US trails 

• Posted

Thanks so much, it's interesting to know. I'm so glad Meniere's is getting some attention . . .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.