Intraprostatic injections update

Posted , 10 users are following.

If you want a current article on intraprostatic injections for bph, private message me. It looks very promising. There is movement in Europe getting it approved. If I post the article, I'm afraid it will got hung up in moderation. Cam

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

you can post exact title of the article and anyone can google for it.

• Posted

Clinical trials in US were no so successful and it was stopped. Those attempts to create sclerosis of the prostate go for a long time. It will be cool to see positive results and procedure being approved.

• Posted

Quackery.

• Posted

Quackery is a little harsh. There have been a number of double blind randomised trials, not usually associated with snake oil sales people. A number carrried out in the early 2000's did show positive effects but the likes of PAE and more sophisticated interventions have somewhat overtaken it. Probably now considered a blind alley.

• Posted

I talked to a doctor that did a clinical trial. He felt it had definite promise. We agreed that these med tech companies are small and can't afford navigating the clinical trial process. This is a very expensive process to get something approved. This is more of the problem than efficacy.

• Posted

Not sure what this gentleman is referring to but the FDA has now approved the application of Fexapotide Triflutate by Urologist for BPH Treatment. Clinical trials have been completed with over 4,000 participates and have shown good results.

Fexapotide Trifluate is a novel drug that can be administered by a urologist in an office procedure that takes a few minutes, does not require any type of anesthesia or catheterization, and involves little or no pain or discomfort. The trials that began in February 2013 at 28 clinical sites in the U.S. was designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a single injection of Trifluate Results of the 18-month clinical outcomes of a single injection of fexapotide can be searched on the net and you will get the information first hand. Look for Fexapotide for BPH.

Do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

Good Luck

• Posted

According to Drugs.com (check the site), the drug Fexapotide for BPH as not approved as of today. I don't know where your information is coming from but Drugs.com is reliable official site for US registry of drugs. Check for yourself. Misleading information can be dangerous, when many patients read it. Europe is another story. How many patients will travel to Europe for such an injection with not proven long term results?

It's promising for the last 20 years but FDA is hesitant to approve it for some reasons., regardless of the simplicity and relative non-invasiveness.

• Posted

I went to the Nymox website. There is not mention of it being FDA approved but going through the process.

This is from Drugs.com

Fexapotide triflutate Approval Status

FDA Approved: No

Generic name: fexapotide triflutate

Previous Name: NX-1207

Company: Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation

Treatment for: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Fexapotide triflutate is an injectable pro-apoptotic agent in development for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.

• Posted

I went to the company's website and there is not mention of it being approved, but going through the process.

• Edited

Camster,

I responed to the previous post with information I received from my Urologist, who is listed in the study.

He is an older man and head of the department at UT Southwestern Hospital. I should first point out that he has been my uro for many years and has participated in the removal, one way or another, of my many kidney stones. Over the years, I stopped counting at 25. I have not had any stones in the last 6 years as I went on a full blown whole food plant based life style. I did this for a heart blockage I had that again, UTSW wanted to provide me with a four way open heart bypass at that time. The side effect of the life style and diet change for my heart was no more kidney stone issues, at least not yet. And, as a side note, the blockage is not an issue anymore. Thank you Cleveland Clinic.

After my FLA in December of 2016 for the BPH condition, I thought I needed to continue to be checked on the stones as they are a really painful thing when the sneak up on you in life. So I used Dr Claus Roehrborne at UTSW. This is the same person who told me to go Urolift back in 2015 for the BPH. As you know I declined Urolift and am glad I did. But he continues to monitor the BPH when I go in to check the mysterious stone yard of my kidneys.

NOW to the real point of this post. My Uro told me on last visit that my prostate is growing again. I still have great results from the FLA but with the continued growth, I feel I may be back in one day to do the FLA again. That is unless science has moved forward in a better treatment or finds a way to stop the cause. This is a continuing topic of discussion with this Uro and he tells me that he has been in trails with a new drug that has been FDA approved and the results have been good in efficacy and results. I have not researched this to the level I did on a BPH treatment as I don't need it yet, but I appears that I should not have believed the comments made to me.

Yesterday it was pointed out to me via a private message, that the manufacturer of this product has not released any information on this approval only that it is awaiting approval. This was a very good observation and one I should have picked up on when dealing with urology. But, because I am in a very good place with my BPH and not looking for this application right now, I got lazy, became trusting of the so called professional speaking to me and I did not investigate to the level I should have or would have if I was needing the treatment at this time.

It appears that you and the others who have pointed this out are correct. Yesterday afternoon, I called the Doctor and asked to speak to him about this. Naturally, he is far to busy to have this conversation with me because as with most Urologist, he is more important than his patient. So I spoke with what appeared to be a very seasoned nurse who told me finally, after a lot of pushing, that they are expecting the FDA approval very soon. All of which feels like BS to CYA the doctors previous comments.

It seems it never ends in this game of BPH treatment. I am Sorry. I apologize to all who read my response earlier and got any hope which is now defined as false. I am grateful and thankful to you and the others including the person who sent the private message on the fact that the company making this product would be screaming it to high heaven if it was a fact. That should have stood out to me.

I guess the nicest thing I can say is I was mis-informed.

• Posted

On the company site, fexapotide triflutate is being submitted for fda approval on or before Sept. 15, 2021.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.