Intro

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wer just thought I'd introduce myself

I have suffered from a mind anxiety years now but recently have been having full blown panic Attacks. It's got so bad I cannot leave my house or even bedroom for weeks.

I've been hiding from my friends and dodge their phone calls.

Going to the doc Monday to ask for lexepro and lyrica as I heard these are a good combo.

I suffer with health issue also which I feel is the main trigger to these panic attacks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry,I can't help with any ideas.but do sympathise ,as I suffer from Panic attacks .

too.Just know,that you are not alone in how you feel.

Please don't shut yourself away.easier said than done I know.Talking to your friends about how you are feeling may help.Honest.

• Posted

I dont think it's wise to.visit a Dr and ask for specific medications, tell him your issues, then perhaps ask to speak to a therapist who can give you meds if they think they would help. I don't think you'll find a Dr very receptive to being told what meds you want
    • Posted

I've been with my GP 25 years. He put me on lexepro last year but we switched it to something else and lyrica was the first thing I was ever prescribed by a psych so I think won't mind me asking. He currently has me on a benzo and beta blocker but I don't want to stay on the benzo for very long just need something to help me leave the house so I can sort therapy out. Hard to go to therapy when I can hardly leave the house lol.
  • Posted

I can vouch for lyrica or gabapentin both very similar.word of advice if he does start you on lexapro make sure he gives you something to go with it for the first week because initially it can ramp your anxiety up especially in the morning. that happened to me and I was given the gabapentin and it was cool after that. Eventually didn't need the lexapro as the gabapentin did the job on its own xxxx
    • Posted

Gabapentin is an anti seizure medication often used for nerve pain also. I don't really see why it would be used for anxiety?
    • Posted

It is not a traditional anxiety drug but doctors are just realising how well it works for anxiety in this anti benzo day and age. I was also prescribed it for 2 prolapsed discs as it is a marvellous pain killer. 
  • Posted

I was on lyrica myself 5 years ago but only a short spell just need something to take the edge of so I can sort out therapy these days the thoughts of even going to the local shop terrify me.
    • Posted

Hey it went well was prescribed lyrica. He wants to see how I get on with that before starting me on lexepro so here's hoping smile
    • Posted

Thank you. Hope t kicks in soon so I can seek therapy. Really boggles the mind what anxiety can do to a body. Don't know how many times I convinced myself I am dying 😢lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.