Introduction and appreciation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry if this isn't how things are done on the forum but just wanted to introduce myself, say hi and say how helpful this forum is. 

My name is Josh, i'm 25 and I became ill in February.  I lost 2 stone after a bad break-up and was pushing myself way too far.  I was drinking, not eating well and exercising far too much.  

I suffered an exercise induced anaphylaxis after a 5 mile run and was diagnosed with cholinergic/chronic hives in early february.  Around 3/4 weeks after that I started having to go to bed at 6 o clock in the evening which was very strange for me.  Then one day I felt so tired when I woke up that I could barely breathe.  For 3 months I was bed ridden, at times I couldn't even roll over in bed to get a glass of water.  I was 100% convinced i would die and was admitted to the emergency room many times during this period.  I have since had many many tests (MRI scan which did actually show scarring in my brain, lumbar puncture and countless blood tests.)  The only result that showed any difference to the norm was that my prolactin was high, if anyone could let me know why this might be i'd be very grateful.  

Having been in Canada on a Football (Soccer) scholarship for 2 years prior to this it has obviously been a major shift in the way I live my life and I sympathise with every single person on this forum.  

I am very worried about relapses, as there have been times when that deep, heavy, tiredness have crept back in.  That is why I joined this forum, so I can hopefully get some tips about not relapsing and trying to live with this horrendous condition. 

Thanks in advance, 

Josh

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.