Intrusive thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on 50 mg of zoloft now for 8 days.  I have been experiencing higher anxiety and lots of. Intrusive/ morbid thoughts.  When it gets to be too much I take a clonoapin which seems to help but am concerned because I never had any of these thoughts prior to starting the zoloft.  I know that when starting zoloft can intensify things but want to make sure this is normal and will hopefully subside?  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Taking any meds to begin with will give dude effects. Try and give t

It a bit longer and see how you feel, but if it died t stop maybe go back and ask your doctor to change it. I do hope you begin to feel more yourself soon.

• Posted

Sorry about mistakes. I meant side effects and if they don't help go bk to your doctor and explain that there not right for you. Having these thoughts must be difficult for you. Maybe some counceling could also be of some help
  • Posted

Andrei, 

I was on Zoloft for a few weeks and just got myself off of it due to various side effects I was experiening including headached, stomachache, incredibly weird dreams and a few others. I just saw my doctor yesterday and we are trying something else. I have tried several antidepressants in the several years and you have to find which one is right for you. I am also on Diazpam and trying to get myself off that and allow the antidepressant to take care of the anxiety as well. 

• Posted

Any type of medication can have died effects to start with. Try and give it a bit longer and if it doesn't change maybe go back to your doctor and discuss changing them. Also you might benefit from having councelling to rescues how your feeling. My other advice is to try out meditation to try and consentrate on your breathing, your way of thinking etc. follow my pin interest under Hannah Maloney, I have a lot of different ideas and ways to help anxiety and panic. I hope I can help
    • Posted

I can't see what I'm writing as I'm using my phone, hence mistakes. Sorry about that
  • Posted

When I started on paroxtin I had some bad thoughts, twisted thoughts. after about 3 weeks it all calmed down and stated to really help. I would speak to gp who will probably say give it another week or two see how you feel. hope this helps
  • Posted

Try to percevere for a bit longer to see if they are side effects, however if you feel like acting on those thoughts stop taking them and contact your GP for an urgent appointment.

Side effects like you are having are normal albeit very distressing but should subside.

Take care and I hope things work out for you.

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.