Intrusive thoughts

Posted , 4 users are following.

So one day I decided to read the side effects of my medication and one was suicide and ever since then I've had horrible thoughts that make me feel sick and guilty because I'm so against it and these thoughts make me question everything and now I feel trapped in life .. As if I'm not myself and don't feel right .. Will I be okay ?im going to see a psychiatrist the past few weeks and have told my family how scared I am

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I also saw that side affect on my medication they usually make you worse until you have been taking them a while but as long as you keep taking them you will be fine
  • Posted

Hi,

The side effects warning on all medications mention all side effects that may be experienced, however small the risk. Before taking medication I was more interested to look at patient experiences online to get a balanced view of what I could expect and what might be more unusual. When taking medication for the first time, monitor your body's responses. As long as the side effects are not too extreme, they should level out over a few days and make you feel better. I only got to the point of taking medication when I had no other option and I felt on the edge of hopelessness. If the thought of medication is going to raise your anxiety and stress levels this much, perhaps discuss your options with your doctor/psychiatrist. The benefits of medication must always outweigh the side effects. Good luck!

• Posted

Yes you will be ok I suffer from intrusive thoughts also and find it hard have been through the worst of times but there's always hope it's good that you told your family how you feel support is important something I wish I was better at asking for forums are great for this you will be ok and sometimes not ok but you will find strength keep strong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.