Intrusive Thoughts

Posted , 3 users are following.

How do you all deal with intrusive thoughts and do they ever make you feel like your schizophrenic or something else 

I've dealt with sexual, pedophilic, violent 

Any advice 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are really giving me some tough one's. I met a notorious pedophile when I was in my Teens and have Studied Sexually Intrusive thoughts when I was younger. I will get my Brain into gear and see what I can come up with. They are not classed as Schizophrenia. The last I hear in the 1990's around 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women are attracted to a younger person and the reason is actually a natural biological urge to mate with the healthiest person for a stronger offspring. This is part of the reason. The other happens when as a child a person becomes sexually aware and has an attraction to a similar age group and carries that attraction as they grow up. Other reasons are an attraction to Innocence or to gain sex easily. The problem with fantasies is they can be Habit Forming and hard to shake off. As you get older your Hormones that give you sexual urges are produced in lower numbers and your urges are less frequent. I gather you do not want these thoughts and want to switch them off. It all returns to the thought programming. Be the Master of your own mind. Fantasies are generally not harmful to others unless you are obsessed and might want to go one step further. You then have Fear of the shame, being caught or hurting a person. I think like a HERO and this prevents me causing harm to anyone in any way shape or form. This is a coping mechanic I built in when I was young and it works. I also resist thoughts that are not pure and are against the Law. Being that I wired my Brain when I was young I have a head start. All solutions require effort. No challenge in mental illness is too great unless your brain has a neural defect and in that case it is not your fault. All problems have a cause and people should not be condemned too harshly, they are though' because as you know people are emotionally attached to their Sons and Daughters. RESIST. Take care. Robert.

• Posted

The thoughts are definitely unwanted and didn't start until this past few months when my anxiety and OCD got out of control before that I don't have any problem with intrusive thoughts especially not what I'm dealing with now 

• Posted

But I know OCD feeds off fear and that's why I have these intrusive thoughts  because they  are all things that scare me all things opposite to my ego morals and identity 

I've noticed that things that don't scare me I don't obsess about, not once have I obsessed about for example liking college football, movies, or women, but being gay, attracted to children, or insane etc. scares me creating a fear and emotional response which keeps the cycle going on the trick is training my mind not to response to the thoughts which are hard because of course they bother me their opposite to who I am 

• Posted

I see the cycle it's just dealing with the OCD with ERP or from finding the truth and then finding the way to break the cycle 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.