intrustive thoughts?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone,

i wanted to know what anyone does when you have negative thoughts that come in your head and you have no idea how to get rid of them? i have been on zoloft 100mg for about 3months it helps but than some weeks it doesnt i feel werid and have crazy thoughts! hasanyone else experiance this?

/**

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When my anxiety reaches fever pitch I have very negative thoughts and find it very hard to shake them..my meds were changed recently which does seem to help...I know exactly how you feel though.

• Posted

Hi sara, at my worst I was getting suicidal thoughts and thoughts of darkness with no light,negativity all the time ...they changed my meds and I had to spend a little time in hospital as I tried to hurt myself .I think keeping busy helped me a lot and the support of friends and family

• Posted

I found my medication (amitriptyline 75mg) made intrusive thoughts worse. I switched to citalopram which has helped significantly.

• Posted

thats awesome it helped you. im praying mine will even out and adjust to my system

• Posted

People kept telling me there's light at the end of the tunnel and I found it hard to believe at the time bit believe me there is and you will get better....keep thinking positive thoughts and you will come out the other side .

• Posted

i tried responding to your Q but for some reason i couldnt paste so i screenshotted my response to you. i hope what little i can share avout my experiences helps you even if a little bit imageimage

• Posted

yes i was thinking of doing a kick boxing class at the gym because it helps my mind not think so much. the more im distracted with things the more its less on my mind. thank you so much for sharing .

• Posted

Hi there!

I totally feel your pain with the thoughts. Mine drive me up the wall. I'll worry about saying something i dont want to and then I'll think i did it 😦

Have just recently upped my meds by 10mg to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.