Inulin [FOS]

Posted , 4 users are following.

Inulin powder heps improve calcium absorption and possibly magnesium too,  Inulin is found in chicory as well as other vegetables and has many health benefits.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think many types of fibre are helpful as they are considered prebiotics and help our gut health, and therefore our ability to absorb and utilize nutrients.  Is inulin particularly good?
    • Posted

yes - if you it check out Inuin has many benefits, some of these are infant growth and development, gastrointestinal health, colon cancer prevention, better blood sugar control, healthier cholesterol control and improved lipid metabolism, improved bone mineralization, protection from fatty liver disease, protection from obesity, better immunity.
  • Posted

This is probably better than my idea as you are naming the actual nutrient and then people will research it and check it is in their diet so thank you,

What Anhaga said about the gut is good too because my sister went to a meeting/seminar about gut health and they impressed on people how vital gut health was to people's overall health.

I have not used chicory but we have a lot of vegetables far more than most people do as we make stews and soups with about ten or more different vegetables.

We have a banana each night with yoghurt and cherries when in season or grapes or pears.

Having a lot of different vegetables for at least two meals a day is beneficial for sure.

• Posted

....agree, you can also buy Inulin [FOS] online through eBay, My Protein to name a few sources and it is not expensive.    FOS powder-like texture is sweet so it can be used to replace sugar.
  • Posted

Chicory was used in the original instant coffee, to make it affordable. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.