Inversion table may help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone own an Inversion Table?   Does it help with the pain or stretching it better?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI Kelly, 

I've had one for about a year and I feel the benefit as I suffer from multi level Spinal Stenosis. I find the additional stretching of my spine without the physical stretches means I don't suffer from fatigue or increased pain from exercises. It does take a while to get used to being inverted, just ensure that you increase the levels of inversion in small stages. 

• Posted

Hi Kelly

I purchased one before and returned it before using it. I live alone and was afraid to use it being  home alone. Did it help you with the pain? 

• Posted

I own one and tried it for sciatica thst developed almost as year post lumbar spinal fusion. I think it actually makes things worse. Possibly because the negative pressure is spread throughout the spine and if discs as re already compressed between 2 vertebrae without much space to move above and below. I really dont know the reason. I'm trying IDD a kind of localised extremely gentle traction next week. I'll keep you posted on any improvements, but apparently it's a long time process and can take 10+ sessions to show any difference because obviously they need to take it slowly

• Posted

Hi Maggie i am interested in IDD  as i too have sciatica and have had it nearly 4 months in both legs but, my right leg is the worst. Please keep us informed how you get on xx
    • Posted

Hi Amanda ok will do. First session today. What's the cause of your sciatica? IDD is aimed mostly at disc decompression. The physiotherapy people think it helps post fusion surgery because it creates space at disc above and below fused site.

Unfortunately bilateral sciatica, which I also have could be due to spinal canal stenosis. I'm hoping it works for me. I was told it takes up to a month of regular treatment. I'm here for 2 weeks to trial it. If I see any improvement il definitely fly back and do more

• Posted

Thank-you for your comments.  Been thinking of buying one but not sure.   I should try and borrow one before I invest or talk with the doctor first.
  • Posted

Yes Kelly, I think the key is slowly does it, whatever you decide. Mine is quite heavy and difficult to adjust. Also, the angle of incline is steep, even at the most shallow angle so I'm virtually upside down instead of being on a gradient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.