Inverted Lipoma or Fatty Tumor Lower back and thoracic area PAIN

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia of the chest wall in 2001 by Rhematologist after admission for chest pain - which started in 1997 and progressively got worse.  

I have tried everything - but now the nodules I have in lower back and thoracic area are very painful and nauseated and barely functioning very well. 

The Chiropracter Healthsource who uses Proadjuster, Ortho Stem, Vold Laser, Deep Tissue Massage suggested I go to Neurosurgeon to have imaging 

I read up on all I could about what GP had said it was and went on Friday August 11,2017 thinking test would be performed for exact location and diagnosis of Lipomas and removal; got runaround to their pain management for injection which I tried in 2002 to no avail - he said I might want to go to general surgeon if wanted removal; since they are deep under skin I thought about nerve damage - very discouraged about going injection route again; not sure what to do 

Any suggestions about Reduiakes or removal or testing first; I am in South Carolina

Sincerely 

Shirley

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Shirley, did you ever have a stress test for the chest pain?  I went to several doctors with chest pain symptoms. They had me thinking it was all in my head until one last doctor had me get on treadmill. He found I had a-fib and tachycardia when I was walking. I ended up having an RF Ablation procedure and chest pain went away. As for lipomas, if they are giving you trouble, get them taken out. Yes, they can come back if the surgeon doesn't get all the affected tissue out. I had several that were pressing on a nerve (sciatic) and making walking difficult when I was 32. I have had ten years of pain free walking. I need to have some more taken out from a different location. Best wishes.

• Posted

Yes I have a cardiologist,  Dr Rhineheart and have had 3 or 4 stress tests over last 12 years - I just started having high BP this year and medicine management is good.

I have fibromyalgia in the chest wall  thoracic and lower back  -  take an anxiety medication as little as possible from the pain - pain Meds do not work for me - 

Water Aerobics, Chiropracter was helping some, and massage but now these Lipomas or Fatty Tumors last 3 weeks have really been getting me - just gotta find someone to remove them Thanks 🙏 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.