inverted nipple & crazy dreams

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've always had inverted nipples but in the past 2 months my right nipple has become more so if that makes sense. It has become tight and wrinkly looking, I have examined myself and felt no lumps but am becoming slightly worried. My Dr said not to worry when I brought it up at a recent visit regarding heart palpitations I've been having. I also have a persistent itch on my back behind my right breast. I've also had 3 dreams in the last 2 weeks about having a mastectomy this I find odd. Am I just a crazy hypochondriac or should I go back to the Dr.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I myself would insist from my doctor that I be referred for a mammogram and ultra sound that would put your mind at rest, as you sound to be worrying about
    • Posted

When I told her my symptoms and said I could feel nothing she said as I was only 37 I shouldn't worry but I am think I will try get an appointment next week. 

• Posted

Any breast cancer concerns should be checked by a breast cancer surgeon and not a GP. Breast cancer doesn't always show itself as a lump! I couldn't feel my lump, it was lobular, the signs for that is a thickening, and not a lump. It was found on a mammogram. Any change in the breast must be checked, wrinkling, tightening of skin, get it checked.

i doubt very much if it has anything to do with your itchy back. And obviously the heart palpitations are due to the worry you are having over your breast. The dream too of course is just stress. 

Good luck, and please ask for a referral to see a breast surgeon, they cannon refuse you. 

• Posted

Thank you I rang and made an appointment for next wee to see

gp again 

• Posted

Glad to hear it! My friends GP kept telling her the small nodule she could feel was a cyst. 9 months later she went back to see a different GP. Two weeks later she was diagnosed with breast cancer, the cancer has spread into her lymph nodes. She is a very lucky lady to still be here.

dont take no for an answer, better to make sure. 

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies I saw my gp Tuesday night and she has referred me for an urgent triple assessment. I also along with the inverted nipple I now have an indentation on the underside of my breast. Dr said she couldn't find a lump but wanted me checked anyway, she said I would be waiting at least 5 weeks for an appointment but I got a letter in the post today saying its next Thursday. Fingers crossed all is OK but I have a bad feeling in my gut.. 

PS it's my left breast that's how stupid I was last week and how long I had spent looking at my breast in the mirror 

• Posted

Glad you managed to get a referral, not all breast cancers show in a lump, so good to be getting it checked,my someone who knows. Good luck
  • Posted

That should be checked there is a breast cancer that does not involve lumps called inflammatory breast cancer it is rare . Does that breast feel larger and have indentations ? Is it warm to touch ? I hope it all goes well. Do not think that you are hypochondriac , your health and your life matter.
  • Posted

Sometimes we know our bodies best. And I've found with all my many medical problems doctors have to be pushed. I'm dealing with a issue myself with my left breast with a bruise and a lump that won't go away and it is scary how relaxed doctors can be with something that can take your life. Do not feel like a hypochondriac. Take care of yourself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.