Involuntary Bladder Contractions Causing Urine Retention

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Folks,

Could use some advice. I had a bladder neck incision & turp about 20 months ago with mixed results. Always seemed to have urine retention issues on and off since procedure. Symptoms now are involuntary bladder contractions during urination which shuts off flow mid stream, then hard to restart leaving residual urine and feeling of never emptying bladder. I pee sometimes 12 times per day only releasing between 50 to 125 ML each time , worse at night.

I have another cystoscopy set up for next week. Dr. also wants to do a "urodynamics" test which I really don't want to do.

Would like to know if anyone has suggestions or remedy to stop these involuntary contractions.

I believe this condition is called " detursor-sphincter dyssynergia".

At 75 yrs. old this situation is causing sleep problems and general anxiety.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

George72382

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.